1. Globally, there are an estimated 1 billion volunteers! It’s the equivalent of over 125 million full-time workers.
2. Volunteers, on average, spend 50 hours per year donating their time to the community.
3. The top four volunteer activities in the US are fundraising (36%), food distribution (34.2%), distributing clothing or other goods (26.5%), and mentoring or tutoring youth (26.2%).
4. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to volunteer.
5. Worldwide, women usually volunteer more than men.
6. Over 20% of the Israeli population volunteered in 2018.
7. In Israel, 21.8% of men volunteer, and 19.4% of women.
8. The majority of Israel volunteers volunteer several times a month, and 19.5% as a one-time volunteer.
9. A survey from July 2020 found 21.1% of Israelis reduced food shopping and their meals. 28.2% of Israelis believe that the situation will keep deteriorating.
10. During the quarantine, 17.4% of the entire Israeli population said they had to get help getting food and medicine, and 42.4% of Older people ages 65 years and above.
Think there is strength in numbers?